Tuesday, August 17, 2010

so this is what kitchen's are made for...

I have to admit, I am not exactly a pro in the kitchen. Actually, I don't even think I'd consider myself a novice. In fact, in the past I have avoided it at all costs! But not this week! I have found myself in there experimenting all week! With the upcoming party and my desire for an awesome dessert table, I figured I better try my hand at some tasty treats.

First up...cake balls...

From the many tutorials I viewed on different blogs and YouTube, as well as the basics as told to me by my co-worker (Thanks Terri)...I thought to myself, I can do this! Well I did! And they were even edible (which those who know me know that this is a big accomplishment)! But they are very time consuming and the dipping part is tricky and takes a bit of practice...here is a look at the ones I made...
They turned out pretty good...but definitely as good as Terri's Treasures...hers are simply to die for! My absolute favorite are the vanilla cake with vanilla frosting covered in white chocolate!!! And this is the reason I am having her make the cake balls for Julian's party. She even brought me in a sample, isn't it great?!?!?!
I may be able to drizzle but the baseball design is far beyond my capabilities!!!

Next up...candy...

I decided to make chocolate baseball suckers after seeing the mold at my new favorite store Hobby Lobby (I'm almost on a first name basis with the night cashier, since I think of something else I need from there daily). Though not quite as perfect as the package (that red is harder than it looks), I'm really happy with how they turned out!
~Stephanie

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Steph! Your cake balls look REALLY good, VERY good for your first time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks yummy!! Great job Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shower is Sept. 19th, I still have a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have your personal email. call me when you get a chance, 248-632-2625, I have a question for you!

    ReplyDelete